Saturday, December 24, 2011

Winter tires that are as good as Blizzaks?

Okay, so I am in Chicago where winters last a lifetime.





Meteorologists predict it to start snowing by mid or late November.





I need tires in this size: 195/55/15, I called Firestone, NTB, and Discount Tire Co.





Both Firestone and Discount Tire quoted me ~ $550 - $570 (Lifetime warranty, mounted, tax, disposal, everything) for a set of 3 Blizzaks installed. (NTB wanted near $700 I was like, eff that yo!)





My dad said he'd pay $200 and i pay for the rest (which is very cool of him); however, he said for me to try to find some "off brand" tires. Not to just go with the name Bridgestone because i like their TV ads.





So, what are some cheaper winter tires in either 195/55/15 or 195/60/15 that are as good as Blizzaks if not better, and where can i get them? Much thanks.





****Aditional Details:





-Chicago, IL gets cold and lots of snow


-Car is a 94 Acura Integra LS


-My rims are the 2000 Civic Si rims


-I'd keep my rims, not getting steelies


-Im probably going to do a sweet burnout before getting these tires.


-I do a LOT of highway driving, my college and house are right off I-55. And i have class 4 times a week.


-During summer (or when snow melts) i'll be buying new rims and summer/all season tires for my nice rims, and i'll have my Si Rims with Blizzaks as my "winter" rims/tire combo.





Thanks. :)|||I would go with the Blizzak tires and get them from discount because they have a true warranty that will not be prorated like firestone will do to you and you really are getting a good price..|||Nothing out there as good as the Blizzaks, Michelin x-ice come close, but are more expensive.


Check tirerack.com for their prices.


They list WS 60 Blizzaks for $87/tire and Dunlop Graspix for $74/tire in your size.

No comments:

Post a Comment