Saturday, December 24, 2011

Should I buy tires online? is it smart move?

I have two choices.





A.) I can either buy some really nice (high quality) yokohama tires. A set wil cost $200from Discount Tire.com.80k warranty tire.They will deliiver to my door. FREE SHIPPING. I can have a certified mechanic mount and balance them for extra $50 bucks. Total price will be $250 plus tax.





B.) Or I can buy the Primewell(low quality) cheapo tires from Firestone for $200 plus mounting and balancing. 40,000k warranty tire.Total cost $250.


If I bought those same yokohama tires from Firestone, Tire kingdom, or any store..they would cost me $400! This is because when you buy online you get tires for wholesale. I plan on driving my car for another 100k.








The problem is this: If the tire if faulty or breaks down...i can at least drive to the store and havethem replace or fix the tire.


If I buy tires online..if tire is faulty or anything wrong with tire I have to ship the tire back to the online site.





Whats the better deal?|||I don't see why not. Seems like the best way to go because you can read people's reviews beforehand and know for sure you are getting a good tire. Good thing about buying online is the fact that you can look at many different websites and compare prices so you know you are not being ripped off.|||I find that you get so much better customer support with buying online. They have a burden of not being next door, so they go out of the way to make the entire experience much more pleasent for you.


I have a log dedicated to buying tires online, check it out.


http://buytiresonline.blog.com/

Report Abuse


|||I have used the Tire Rack many times and have had nothing but excellent products and service, next day shipping! Prices are always the best I can find! Check it out www.tirerack.com

Report Abuse


|||Buying o/line make sure there is a nation wide warranty at any store or it's not worth it%26gt;keep looking around tire kingdom has buy 3 get 1 free%26gt;And promo on line do searches%26gt;But buy near you if there are issues%26gt;|||I have bought several sets of tires from Tire Rack online. I have never had a problem. Can't say anything about the others.|||As someone who works in the tire industry I know the scenario you painted above is an exageration - and it also answers itself so I don't know why you even posted it.|||Always buy from a dealer from your hometown, you will spend more in the long run buying on-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment