Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tire question... does anyone know about Discount Tire?

I bought 4 brand new tires in September from Discount Tire and had to get two different brands because my car needs two different sizes for the back and the front.. okay.. I purchased their 2 Replace Certificates which covers me from road hazards and workmanship and things like that if the tread is still pretty good.. I got a blade stuck in my tire. Through miscommunication, my father went to get it patched elsewhere, not exchanged through discount tire (my car doesn't come with a spare, since it comes with run flat tires).. Question is, does this void that replacement? If I were to have another problem with that tire would it cover that tire because it was patched?|||Tough question.





Easiest way to answer it is to call Discount. Won't cost anything to ask. They may ask you your name to get details on the tires, but if you don't want to give your name, then don't.





Usually, a road hazard plan won't handle anything done by human hand, only if you run over it. when you say "blade", do you mean something like a knife stuck in the side? If you honestly ran over something in the road, the warranty plan should cover it.





So just call Discount, tell them you have the extra warranty coverage, you had a flat, your dad took tire to someplace else by mistake, ask if that voids the hazard warranty that you got. Probably not, but doesn't hurt to ask.





I like Discount Tires. They're very professional and quick. that's why they're so dang busy all the time!! Have to make appointments now to get tires done!! Geez....|||Your father just got it repaired and not replace correct ????





If that is the case then you have nothing to worry about and discount will still take care of you.





If he got the tire replaced then discount would not be able to do anything in the future for you, all tires have serial numbers on them and they keep track of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment