Saturday, December 24, 2011

Recommended tires for a 1995 Pontiac Trans Am?

I am looking for suggestions for tires. I plan on shopping at Discount Tire, but would be open to other store options. More importantly I am looking for suggestions on tires. I want a good gripping tire with good performance, but I also don't want to pay too much (yeah I know). I drive aggressively and like go from stops in a hurry. The last tires I had were BF Goodrich T/A KDW's. I bought the car with these tires on them, and have not been overly impressed. The tires are about 2 years old, and while they do have some tread left they don't seem to have any grip. I spin the tires constantly, sometimes when I don't even mean to. And driving in the rain is practically a death trap. I was told my rims are from a recent year Corvette Z06, the tire size with this rim is 265/40 18. What is a suggestion for a good priced high quality tire, and I would be willing to alter the size a little to save on price like to 275/35 or something like that. Suggestions?|||i had a 95 trans am LT1





i put a full set of Potenzza tires. they felt really nice.|||P235/55R16 or 245/50R16 size tires. I can get you a price of about $105.00 shipped for a V rated Maxxis tire. www.badboytire.com

Report Abuse


|||Get the same size, but go with a softer tire...may wear out sooner. but good grip. I use firestones. but yokohamas are good too.|||dude wider is better but not in the rain so find something in between like some rapters|||look for kuhmo tires and also try tire rack.com|||the way you drive, I don't think you have to worry about new tires, i'd start looking for a new engine. Anyways, about any new tire will be good, the people at discount tire are pretty good about telling you what tires are worth buying and what tires are good enough for the price. After doing a lot of research on tires (i drive a bmw) when I went to discount tire they told me the same exact thing I had been researching. They know their stuff and don't try to screw you over.

No comments:

Post a Comment