Tuesday, December 20, 2011

24s on my Escalade, I need to safely drive to Discount w/out blowing the tires & ruining my wheels. How?

I knew it was about time to get new tires because the treads on the right side are getting worn. I didn't think they were that bad until today I see that the outer walls on both of my right tires are splitting especially above the lettering (where the brand is marked). The gaps are not much wider than the letters in this text, but they are over an inch or 2" long. The tire shop is 3 miles away, I'll be driving on the hot Arizona asphalt. How can I get there safely?|||First and foremost, I have to say NO, you should never drive on tires in that condition.





Realistically, you will probably be ok...I mean, it was ok before you noticed...IF you decide to drive it...drive straight there, no stops, nothing else. Just drive there, and avoid fast turns and hard accelerations or stops.|||drive there or if its that bad call a tow|||Crap shoot. What other options do you have ??? And seeing how waiting could contribute to your problem, probably best to drive carefully %26amp; slowly, especially around corners %26amp; chuck holes, and do it.|||Thats what you get for putting those ghetto wheels on a Caddy!|||Next time get tires and wheels the right size for the car. Those wagon wheels are going to be in the same condition over and over. If the tires pop, you probably won't notice much difference.|||just take the bad tire off get it replaced at the tire shop and mount it on yourself then drive nice and slow and no flooring it or jamming the brakes and get to the shop and have then do the other 3 tires and align your car that way the worst tire wont burst while driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment