Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What legal actions can I take against Discount tire for putting dents and scratches on my rims?

Today, my husband and I went to Discount Tire to fix a tire that was leaking air. Turns out there was a nail in the tire which was fixed but unfortunately they did not take very good care of my rim and tire. Prior to bringing the rim and tire in, my husband inspected the rim. There was absolutely no scratches or dents on the rim. When the tire was fixed and brought back out, we discovered 2 dents and 2 scratches which my husband pointed out. Right away, the customer rep denied that they did it even though he was not the technician who worked on the set of wheels. My husband asked them to dismount the tire again so that he can see how they do it. When they dismounted the tire the second time around, my husband discovered a bad rip on the tire where it meets the rim and pointed it out. They denied to have caused the damage too. They did not offer to repair or replace anything. We walked out of there very mad. I know with 100% certainty that our rim had no scratches or dents going in. This is the first time anyone has touch the rims and tires besides the store that we ordered it from. I usually would not care about these kinds of things but each rim w/tire cost almost $1000 and I worked very hard to be able to buy these wheels for my husband. I feel helpless and disrespected. What legal actions can I take and would it be worth all the trouble?|||Most likely none. Remember that paper you signed before the work started. Read the fine print.





()|||First off I have been where you are now... and we tried to sue in small claims. But lost. I did do some digging around and found this...


http://www.consumeraffairs.com/tires/dis鈥?/a>





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment