Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Since harley tires r more pricey, i buy online at discount, and need to find an installer.?

Dunlop makes the standard Harley Davidson tires as for many other motorcycles. I wouldn't advise you to put cheap tires on a motorcycle. Have you looked around for some one who installs tires on motorcycles besides your Harley dealer? I have a friend that does it and I save about 150 on two tires by using him and they are Dunlop top quality tires. He has a motorcycle tire changer in his garage. They just price gouge you at the dealership. I don't know what you are paying but the last time I had mine changed it cost me 330 for front and rear with dunlop and my rear brake pad changed. I guess try and find some body that can put them on for you but please do not buy seconds of any brand. It only takes one thing to go wrong to hurt your self bad on a motorcycle.|||look in craigslist |||most mechanics should be able to do that|||I went with Metzler on my '06 Springer Softail|||..ydes||| Around here most shops charge more when you bring the tire in. And I have been told that when you order on line and pay shipping then pay extra for mounting it works out about the same. I do know you do not want to buy them at a harley shop. Call around first and see what the best deal you can get. |||Check and see if you have a Cycle Gear in your area they have reasonable rates on tires and mounting. You have to take the wheels off your motorcycle for them. |||As previously mentioned, after paying shipping and higher mounting fees you won't save much money. Find a reputable independent shop near you and cultivate a relationship with them. It will pay big dividends and knowing a good mechanic is worth more than saving a few dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment