Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Car still going right while the steering wheel straight after alignment and balancing of tires!

I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 I just bought the car on the 12th of July. Car seems to stilll veers to the right when the steering wheel is straight.I got my tires (tigerpaw uniroyal tires) balanced and rotated(Discount Tire) and alignment at NTB! They say that the front end is good and they see no problems. Could it be my tires period. The fat guy at NTB said it could be a radial pull? What is that? Someone give me some advice on what to do. Should I go back to the alignment place or get the tires rotated again. I just want to hold my steering wheel straight! Mechanics please answer!||| You know, somebody might have just put the steering wheel on crooked.


|||HI


I'd say if your holding the steering wheel straight and under no power and the car still veers right then take it back to the alignment shop when they set it they may have not had the steering wheel straight..


explain the problem to them..


Good Luck


Tim|||http://answers.128bit.at


you can get much information in this website, If you will check anyone blue link in website.


|||It could be your right front brake caliper sticking.


Have the caliper checked it may be braking when your not pressing on the brake.








Jock|||Car alignment isn't that great, my car does the exact same but its rear wheel drive. Ill just search for a good answer here =P|||I would go back to the alignment place and go on the test ride with the service manager(the guy with the clean hands) If their "to busy" go to the owner or sales manager. If he's to busy get that in writing. Just that request will usually shake loose somebody. Carry a video camera. Now on the test drive---if you get the"well it's a crowned road" story-the right answer is "Well lets find a flat one OK?" Now the "radial pull" story is the tendency for front wheel drive to pull lightly one direction when under heavy acceleration. You should be able to let go of the steering wheel under regular throttle --and It should go straight down the road. If you get the "well on this model--" story- then your answer should be "So you knew you couldn't fix this problem before you sold me an alignment? I want my money back. You sold me a fraudlent repair?" DO NOT get all emotional. They are business men Give it every apperance of costing more to ditch the refund than to just pay it. Next time use a dealer--they have way more boss/s than some little alignment shop. |||when the alignment is dead on, and it still pulls, the ONLY thing it could be is the road crown(angled for drainage, usually to the right, except in europe) or a bad tire.


Drive in a FLAT and I mean FLAT large parking lot, hold the wheel dead straight and see if it still goes to the right. If it does, you have a bad tire(or the shop did the alignment with the steering wheel slightly off center) Have the tires switched from right to left, then go out and see if it pulls to the left, if it does, it is definitely a tire. It sounds like a bad tire(tires are more complicated than chunks of rubber, they have steel belts in them that are layed radially(hence the radial name) and if there is something off in the tires, they will create a pull)

No comments:

Post a Comment