Friday, December 16, 2011

Is there any way from looking at my tires that I can tell how many miles they were meant for?

I've never bought tires before and I once knew how to read the "code" on the tire when I was looking at a Discount Tire Co. website, but I can't remember if they tell you how many miles they're supposed to last for and I've forgotten how to read the code. I can look that up again, but do they tell how many miles they're good for. My truck already has nearly 110K miles on it and I want to get new ones that will maybe last another 50K just in case the truck lasts a while longer before I sell it or have to junk it (it's a '95 Ford Ranger 2WD).|||There are so many factors that determine the frequency of tire wear. You could have a set of 40,000 mile radials that last you the better part of 60,000 miles. And then you could have a set of 75,000 mile tires that get you only 50,000 miles.





The variables range from the type of driving to the weight of the vehicle.|||if you look at the tires wear rating its between about 0 and 480 its on the tire next to the size 215\40\15 as a example the higher the rating the longer the tire is supposed to last in normal driving conditions. You can also measure the depth of the tire to see how much tread is left an average tire has about 3\16 of tread when it is new so you can guestimate from there

No comments:

Post a Comment