Saturday, December 24, 2011

Did Discount tire do a good job for me?

I had a flat tire. Towed the car to discount car company. They found a puncture but no nail or anything stuck in the tire. They patched, did a free flat fix. Two days later the same tire started leaking air. I took it to same shop again. They looked at it and told me I have the bad luck of having another puncture right next to the earlier patch. Since they are too close, cannot patch again and the tire cannot be saved. Pressured me to buy a new tire. What do you experts think? Are they trying to sell a new tire rather than fix the puncture? I cannot imagine having two punctures on the same tire in the span of two days right next to each other. Did they do a bad job of patching up in the first instance?


Thanks|||I can't speak for them, but if it were ME fixing it, I'd just buzz the patch off that was put there and then put a new patch on that covers both punctures. How hard could that be? The only reason that would prevent patching a tire would normally be if the hole is in the sidewall-you can't patch those. But if you have two holes very close together and they're in the tread area, why not patch them both? Hmm. Just my .02|||It's possible, but unlikely. Things like that happen, it's a bummer but it happens. I would recommend taking the tire to another shop and getting a second opinion because nobody out here in yahoo-land will be able to actually see the problem.|||I don't think they care enough to upsell you for just 1 tire. There are bigger fish and better profit margins elsewhere if they wanted to rip you off (a fake brake and rotor job for example).








Next time you get tires, get one with a road hazard warranty then bad luck or not, you won't feel ripped off. (costco's hazard warranty is included as part of their package)

No comments:

Post a Comment